Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Service Worker Protest




"20,000 STRONG!" Thats what's written on the plastic button that sticks outwardly on my flannel shirt. Never really understood it actually, since this is my boyfriends shirt and just put it on from waking up late, until actually going to the protest that my boy had been actively participating in for about 6 months. My boy being "bred" a protester through his major of ethnic studies I didn't really give it a second thought other then it being some ethnic studies thing. But actually being able to hear the issues, the injustices, and the practices of the University finally made me understand why the importance. Still I have yet to find something I fight for like him, and thats why I post this. Here are people who risk their jobs, reputations, and even safety for something that they want to fight for. I need to find something that I can be that passionate about. So here's for them.

No comments: